2015/2016 Objectives & Achievements
- Further develop our product ranges, including more market beating value offers and exciting new products
- We have increased our seasonal offer. Web exclusives have been added in core categories to extend choice.
- Enhance our “made to measure” curtains and blinds proposition
- Development of our made to measure proposition is one of our eight strategic initiatives – a plan is in place to improve our offer in-store and online.
- Further improvements to our home delivery service, including named day delivery options
- Successful launch of our new web platform, giving better functionality and experience. Significant growth in home delivery.
What do we do?
We aim to provide to our customers:
- Market leading choice of products, fantastic availability and great value.
- An enjoyable shopping experience, whether in store, online or through our catalogue.
- Excellent service in-store, online and through our contact centre.
- Stores which are convenient, safe and accessible.
- Fair and truthful marketing.
Which? Recommended Provider for Furnishings and Homeware High Street Shop, June 2016.
Readers of House Beautiful Magazine awarded us Gold home retailer of the year 2016 and Silver online retailer of the year 2016.
Runner up – British Sandwich Association ‘Sammies’ award Café / Coffee Bar Sandwich Retailer of the Year 2016.
Clearer communication of value in store through new point of sale materials.
Investment in dedicated customer insight resource and launch of a new customer feedback mechanism (‘How Do We Measure Up?’) to help us better understand how to improve our offer.
Project commenced to help us better define and communicate the Dunelm brand through our marketing, product offer and people.
Continued trial of a new store format in selected new and existing stores and a delivery of a significant refit programme across the estate.
Launch of a wider range online via a drop ship vendor service in partnership with key suppliers.
An increase in delivery/collection options for customers.
Launch of a new way of talking about the Dunelm brand to customers across all channels.